Friday, May 6, 2011

Farm Fun

We recently went to a local farm for a tour around their property. Dylan and Lindsey were able to feed the turkeys and ducks. They were even able to touch ducklings that were about two or three weeks old. Dylan especially loved being at the farm. I will never forget the moment he went exploring off by himself a little ways from the crowd people. He found a mud puddle that had five or so white ducks sitting in it. He ran over and startled them. They all flew up and Dylan realized if he continuedto run toward them they would try to fly away. The pure joy in his face as the wind blew his hair while he ran after those poor frightened ducks was truly priceless. Every time I think of that moment I chuckle at how happy he was and how free he seemed to be.
After I got home and saw this picture I realized that he was really close to that turkey. And that turkey was really eying him.
The little ducklings.

No comments: