Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Some photos from Seward and Homer

I was in Seward and Homer last week conducting a survey with fishermen and recruiting participants for an evaluation of some new types of PFDs. Here are a few pics from the trip.

Fishing Vessel Kruzof in Seward, longlining Halibut

Sea Otter in Seward Harbor

Crew of F/V Martina filling out falls overboard/PFD survey

A fisherman talks about his concerns with the gunnel height of his newly purchased boat and his plans to mitigate the risk of falling overboard.

Fisherman trying on the PFD he will be evaluating during a month of fishing


My colleagues Dr. Jennifer Lincoln and Charlie Medlicott fitting a fisherman with the PFD he will be evaluating during a month of fishing.

Bald Eagles perching on the beach in Homer





Mr. Medlicott, Dr. Lincoln, and myself in Homer. Not pictured is Mr. Teske taking the picture who completed our research team for this field work

8 comments:

symony said...

Those bald eagle pictures are awesome!

Clark said...

I really like the bald eagle on driftwood shot!

Lillie said...

Ditto. - About the eagle pictures. Nice photography work Devin!

Connie said...

Fantastic pictures! I want to go wherever those bald eagles are and see them in person. Very interesting pics of your work. Thanks for sharing them.

Smiths said...

Cool pictures! It is good to hear about some of the research you are doing!

Anonymous said...

looks like a fun trip, thanks for posting pics of it!

Anonymous said...

Lillie - wish I could take credit for the eagle shots, but they were taken by a colleague. I didn't bring my camera but wish I would have. Maybe I'll bring my camera to Kodiak in a couple weeks, there's lots of eagles there too.

Jennifer Lincoln said...

Devin-- you crazy-- call me Jennifer!!!