Monday, September 1, 2008

Valdez

For our Fifth Anniversary Devin surprised me with a trip to Valdez. We were lucky to get beautiful weather for our drive. It was approximately 5 hours to get there from our house.







Of course there were a few stops along the way.



A highlight of the trip was discovering we could hike right up to the Worthington Glacier. It was spectacular. Once in Valdez, we explored and found some beautiful scenery.






We spent the night in Valdez and took the Ferry to Whittier. The ferry ride was incredible with the views.













We did get a little excitement when "code blue" was announced over the intercom stating that there was an overturned Kayak in the water in some very rough seas. We were able to see the rescue mission take place with the ferry rescue boat.


Of course, to get home from Whittier we went through a 2 mile long tunnel going beneath a mountain. This was one trip I have wanted to do and am so glad we were able to do it together.

5 comments:

Connie said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Dad wants to put it on his "bucket list" for Alaska next time he is up there. Thanks for sharing the great pictures. I'm waiting for an updated side view of you, Jenny!
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

awesome weekend! beautiful pictures too!

Lillie said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate number 5! Once again, I'm nearly green with envy. Glad you had a good time.

The Jensens said...

Oh my goodness! Doesnt time just fly! It looks like you had a blast and that belly is just so adorable! I finally got a blog too! it's curtisandcassie@blogspot.com! Check it out cutie face!

Anonymous said...

Hope everything is going well, and the babies are going to be here soon! I miss you terribly!